Friday, April 1, 2011

Fools, Health, Wellness and Swimming

As I've gotten older, I've seen fewer and fewer April Fool's jokes. I always like to make sure I'm prepared, but then I'm prepared for nothing. It's kind of odd.

The weather is beautiful again, and my motivation is slowly becoming shot. I started up on getting some homework done early in the afternoon, but soon enough I was lounging about on the couch gazing into the courtyard below.

A very cool thing that has recently come to my school is the new Health and Wellness center. It's a big fitness center with classrooms, a pool, rock walls, an indoor track... It's amazing, especially since it's so much nicer than anything else at the school. Yes, even the new dorms. This school is expanding rapidly.


The outside. It's much prettier inside.
 I feel almost guilty that I haven't used it enough. I went in there on Monday for a mini jog on a treadmill to see what it was like. However, the rest of the week I've done runs outside. People are crazy about it though! You ask where someone is going, and it's most likely going to work out.

Today, I decided to go for a swim. I'm an okay swimmer, but I'm not great. I really dislike freestyle, so you'll see me swimming the good ol' breast stroke. Still, it felt really good to swim again.

Enough rambling from me!

Did you see any good pranks today? What's the best prank you've ever seen?

2 comments:

  1. I love the Google April Fools' Day jokes. This year it was about motion-sensory e-mail, one year it was about launching a Google-powered colony on Mars. It's ridiculous but always slightly in the realm of possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stabucks had a lovely one!
    http://www.starbucks.com/blog/introducing-starbucks-mobile-pour/987

    Even though I grew up by a beach and had a pool, my best stroke is the doggie-paddle.

    ReplyDelete