Tuesday, April 26, 2011

So About That Big News...

Remember how a few days ago I was talking about some exciting news? Well, I do have some news, and I personally believe that it's quite exciting.

The web cam and I? Do not get along.
I'm transferring to U of O next year.

I know that I go to a wonderful school, but I know it's not for me. The thing about my school is that because it's pretty small, there aren't a lot of options available for majors. And with the major that I'm now 95% positive that I want to go into, it's not available over here. I could go for another major here, but I don't think I'd be happy going for the majors here. They are terribly specialized in the main majors that they offer here, which is good. However, if you're not going for one of their main majors, you don't get much attention.

Another reason that I wanted to transfer is because the environment around here isn't for me. This is a beautiful campus, and the classes are fantastic. As for the weekends, there's not much going on. People usually drive home, or to Corvallis, or Eugene. If you do end up staying here, it's very lonely. Walking around is eerily quiet, like a ghost town situation. I'd like to be at a place where I could be in the action. I wouldn't have to drive pretty much back home. I know that a lot of people her go home for the weekends. I can't stand it.

This hasn't been a sudden decision. I've thought about it long and hard. This is what I want to do. All of my family members have been saying to me, "Oh, you're going to the same school as your sister! I bet you're excited about that." Honestly? That was almost a con. When starting school, I wanted to go somewhere that I could call my own, not my sister's school, or whatever. That was part of the appeal of WOU, it was going to be my school. Now, I'm okay that it'll be my school. I guess that it's my sister's school, but we'll have different parts of it be our school. My favorite places won't be her favorite places, and my classrooms that remind me of classes close to my heart will be different from hers. It may be her school, but I'll make it my special school.

Transferring is scary, but it's what I want to do. Some of the classes I've taken don't transfer as nicely, but I'll figure it out. (Some feel like a complete waste.)

I'll always love WOU. But I'm ready to love UO.

All of my family knows now, but I don't think anyone here knows officially that I'm transferring. How on earth do you break that news?

In other news, I've got to stop with the random dozing off! I think that this is why it's better for me to have more classes, because I've just been so lazy! It could just be this week though... Productiveness, full speed ahead!

Have you ever thought about transferring? What did you decided on, and how did you decide on doing it?

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty far out of the game as far as college goes but I say if you're confident and happy and ready - then go for it! That looks like exactly where you're at so kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, lady! I didn't transfer schools, but I'm SO glad that you got the news you wanted - I know that this has been a long time in coming for you.

    ReplyDelete