Monday, April 18, 2011

Naps, Surprising Tests and Things I Have Learned From Fictional Characters

I think there's something about college that makes you want to take naps. Before college, I was never one to nap. Now, I tend to doze off at the weirdest times. Don't worry, it's not during class!

That's an interesting way to start off a post, isn't it? Anywho...

As I've been talking about for the last few days, I had my History of Fashion test today! Last night I was terrified, muttering answers and thinking, "I'm going to fail. I should have never taken this class. I am going to fail." Needless to say, the positive energy was not flowing within me. However, when I got to the test I realized that I knew a lot of the information better than I thought I would! It was a tough test, but I think I did alright. Besides, when you've got to know the difference between this:

and this:

it can get a little stressful.
(The first one is a Himation, the second one is a toga. There's also something else that looks like a toga that I might not have gotten on the test...)

It's Monday, so that means I must look back upon knowledge that has been given to me from fictional characters. I can't really remember what show this is from, but I remember a specific lesson I've seen in a lot of things. One idea/style/trait/whatever becomes really popular. Naturally, the main character either wants in or can't stand whatever the popular thing is. By the end of the episode, the main character might get into the idea, or continue to shun it. Usually it's the former. Anywho, by the end of the episode whatever became popular fades into the distance and something new comes along. Which brings me to this:

Things come and go. You shouldn't stress out about one little detail, because for the most part things usually blow over.

I honestly have a lot of trouble with this, but I try to work on it. Sometimes there are things that I constantly fidget over, like if I took the right turn, if I accidentally came late/early to something, whatever. But honestly? Some things are just not big deals, and the only one making it a big deal is you. It's a work in progress. Besides, who needs extra stress?

No more tests until Friday! Woohoo! And the homework front isn't looking too scary for the rest of the week.

When was the last time you way over thought a situation?

1 comment:

  1. I over-think things all the time and then I end up calling myself on it - I'm like...self? Seriously? Get your head back in the game. What's the difference between a himation and a toga?

    ReplyDelete