Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lighter Nights, Summer Plans and Applications

It's almost eight o' clock and the sun is setting just now. Gosh, I love it but it really screws with your sense of time!

Well, it was when I wrote that. Whatever.

Because summer vacation is coming up sooner than later, I've been thinking about options to have during the summer. My first plans were to take Spanish intensive classes at the local community college, but it seems that they do not have the program I'm looking for. There are other schools that I could try to find information about, but I don't know exactly how it would all work. For now, I'm doing the next best thing. I'm looking for summer jobs.

Applying for jobs is a lot more obnoxious than any other part of the job it seems. Filling out applications is repetitive, and sometimes they want to know some odd information. And sometimes... I realize things that I didn't know before (and probably should have known).

The main example? I have no idea what one of my old supervisor's last name was. She was a mysterious boss, who only went by her first name. She was like Seal, or Madonna. No one called her by her full name.

This has only gotten to be a problem for the applications that require the last names... I suppose I must find an old pay stub.

Been a busy, studying day. Tomorrow looks like it's going to be another one. Whooho.

What has been the strangest thing you've ever been asked on a resume? Or what's the strangest thing you didn't know for a resume?

1 comment:

  1. I've never had any truly bizarre interview questions. There are some Fortune 500 companies though that do ask really weird interview questions. I suppose it shows how you think on your feet? Good luck figuring out "Seal's" last name!

    ReplyDelete