Friday, April 15, 2011

The Role of The Younger Sibling

Yep, it's Friday! Let the weekend begin!

As I've mentioned before, I have an older sister. Since I have an older sister, I've gotten used to being bossed around a lot. I've worked at not letting her get to me, but sometimes she just beats me. For instance, when we were younger she would always make me get a glass of water for her. It didn't even matter if I was getting up, or if I had just sat down. If I wasn't planning on getting her a glass of water, I was the most terrible person in the world.
Which brings us to this afternoon. You see, I had gotten a call during class from my sister. Foolishly, I returned the call. Chloe had called asking me if I could bring a board game down to our hometown for her. When I said that was ridiculous, she began ranting about how I was a b**ch for not bringing it down for her. No, she couldn't do anything else with her friends, she needed that game.
That's how I was guilted into driving home to give my sister a board game.

A BOARD GAME.

Simply ridiculous. What makes it even more ridiculous is that it's a board game she bought me for Christmas. No, what makes it even more ridiculous is that I was able to get guilt tripped into bringing my sister a game.

I'm quite tired tonight, but I must stay up! It's midnight movies night!

For the older siblings: What's the most ridiculous request you've ever made to your younger sibling?
For the younger siblings: What's the most ridiculous request you've ever gotten from your older sibling?

1 comment:

  1. Lady, I'm not going to lie, this is one of the stranger things I've ever read. I don't know that my brother and I make one another fetch things, but when we were little (2+4) and trapped on our swingset by a shrew, I sacrificed his hostess cake to the varmint in an effort to divert its attention.

    ReplyDelete