Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Psychological Situations, Dreams From Real Life and Talking Things Out

This week may seem pretty long, but I can't believe that it's already 9:30!

I'm fairly positive that Psychology is making me go insane. Oh, it's not because of homework. Psychology is giving me serious mental problems. From the three weeks I've been in the class, I've learned that no matter what my sister will have a higher IQ than me, and that I'm emotionally shut off. When we get to the point where we're testing my neurosis, my score will shoot through the roof.

Speaking of Psychological issues...

I've talked about how the room mate and I have had some trouble with communication, or lack thereof. I tend to learn more about her from her other friends then actually from her. Now, for the most part I am a complete pansy and I've had trouble talking things out. (The whole emotion problem, see?) Anywho, I decided to actually grow a pair and straight up ask, "Why don't you ever TALK to me?"
Not those exact words, but the general idea. This frustration plus the caffeine consumed too late in the day yesterday made me have trouble sleeping. Still, with the struggling sleep I managed to have a dream where I asked that, and the response wasn't a terrible fight ensuing. And you know what? That's exactly what happened. The room mate was more relieved than angry, and said that she was just quite. Which actually... she's kind of like that a lot, even before. There are still a few things I need to prod her about, but it's just one step at a time.

I would say that I should listen to my dreams more, but the night before I had had a dream where the Pope deemed Lady Gaga as next Pope in line. Maybe not.

I'm ready for the weekend! Or at least something other than academia to occur in my life.

Has a dream you've had ever been strangely similar to real life?

1 comment:

  1. I've never had a dream/life situation like that, but apparently our brains do work to solve problems while we're asleep so, power to the people, I say.

    ReplyDelete