Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Reactions to Exercise, Emotional Shopping and Feeling Good

Ah, what a day! Went by pretty fast, didn't it?

Today was my extremely relaxed day of the week for me, and it certainly seemed to stay that way. I suppose I wasn't too productive today, but I felt pretty productive when I got an early morning run in. Even if the rest of the day doesn't include much, you feel like you've accomplished so much when you squeeze in a workout earlier in the day.

It's funny how drastically different reactions can be from people when you are exercising.
For instance, I was on a run a few days ago when a little boy asked his mom, "Why is she running?" The mom cheerfully replied, "It's for exercise!" It was a cute little reaction that I had never gotten before, but on that same run I received some not so nice comments as well. On the way back home from my run, a car crammed full of meat heads drove by. I should have realized there would be trouble as soon as I saw them, but didn't think about until I heard, "Show me your titties!" ...Yeah. And I was starting to thing there weren't the prick stereotypes that every other college has, but these guys proved me wrong.
The reactions you get from people when you exercise are so varied, you can never be sure just what to expect. I've received kind smiles and evil glares. I've gotten the "Good Mornings!" and the grumbles. It's just one of those weird things about the world, isn't it?

I have a confession: Recently, while I was feeling a little down I did a bit of emotional shopping. This is a crazy concept for me, because I hardly like to spend money in general. However, emotion got the better of me, and today I was greeted with this little package:

I've always liked puzzle pieces, and I like thinking about where they fit. It might sound kind of goofy, but it makes me think about just where do I fit in this big ol' world. I know that I'm needed for something, I just don't know what that is yet.

Today was just a happy day. There's one big reason why, but that's information for a later post.
Now I'm a little worried about a Spanish exam tomorrow, and also the fact that I can't find my Spanish workbook. I can study from the textbook, but I'm going to need that workbook later... Wish me luck in finding it!

Have you ever been an emotional shopper? What did you buy because of it?

(Oh, also random last bit of info: A himation is from the Greeks and has less fabric, the toga is from the Romans and has a ton of fabric. Now you know!)

1 comment:

  1. I love the necklace, especially the sentiment behind it!

    ReplyDelete