Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Car Troubles, Contradictions and Summer Classes

Well, today certainly had an interesting start to it!

I woke up at 7:25 AM, went to the bathroom, and when I returned to my room I saw that I had missed a call on my phone from my mother. Before I could even look at the text message that was also sent, the phone rang again. It turns out that my mom's car broke down in C-town and she needed me to drive down to pick her up so she could use the van. I was able to get it to her, but what a crazy way to start out the morning.

It stinks because she just got the car checked up, and the van was just fixed. "I guess we'll have to get a car sooner than later... even thought we don't have the money," she muttered. See? It's phrases like this that make me freak out about money. She'll try to comfort me in other situations when I start saying I should be concerned about money, and she tells me not to worry. Then she goes and says something like this. My mother is the queen of contradictions.

As for the rest of the day, I signed up for Financial Aid for summer classes. Yes, I'm taking Spanish to get it over with. This will clear up a huge chunk of time needed for the rest of my school years, because I'll need all of the room I can get the next few years.

15 hours of Spanish every week? Oh joy. The biggest downside to this is that it'll be hard figuring out a work situation, but I'm lucky enough to be able to work for my mom if needed. Which seems to be the case.

Welp, time for me to head off to bed. Night!

Have you ever taken summer classes? What were the classes?

No comments:

Post a Comment