Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Running Late, Feeling Off About School and Other Things

Ugh. Today has been one off-kilter day for sure. Just one thing can do that to you, can't it?

I have had 8:00 am classes almost every day since the beginning of the school year. Today, I woke up for the first time late. Yeah. I managed to get to class only a minute or two late, but it still was late. And of course it was one of those classes where participation counts as attendance. Of course. Just did not put my head in a good place for the rest of the day, you know?
I'm not sure how I've been feeling about my school lately. Yes, I do happen to mention that quite a bit, but my distaste for this school is growing and growing. The thing is, it's not the classes that are bothering me. The area is beginning to bore me. I don't connect with people here. There's no excitement! I suppose that could be said for everywhere, and everywhere is going to become boring after awhile. But this town literally is boring. As for the people, I feel like I don't have things in common with anyone here. Others go to bible studies, it's not what I'm interested in. The only other issue with this school happens to be my major, which I don't think any of the field here are really what I'm interested in. Plus, that's a bit bigger than social life.

On a strange positive note, lately I've been feeling really pretty. Despite feeling the lack of people wishing to be social, I've been feeling like I look pretty. Even in blah clothing. This is kind of big for me, because I feel like my face looks weird a lot. Yes, my mom says I'm pretty, but sometimes it doesn't do it for ya. But yeah. The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure I'm not at my skinniest I've been, but I feel prettier. That's kind of a nice feeling.

I think my room mate just likes to push my buttons. She posted a clipping from the front of The Oregonian with a picture with the heading Aw, Burned. She does realize I like the ducks, right? Yes, I know she's probably a beaver, but c'mon. It's your state. Then again, she's also got a giant poster of this hanging on the wall:

Yes, this is lil Wayne. He stares at me in my bed. Do not appreciate.
 This is a recent thing that has been put on the wall. Yet, I still dislike the newspaper clipping more. Huh.

I apologize for the seriously long and negitive post! I try to stay positive, but today I just wasn't in that mode. I'll try to be happier tomorrow! Like I said, a long off-kilter day.

What was the last time you were late?

1 comment:

  1. Depending on the weather, I'm intermittently late for work, but thankfully it's a really flexible office, since if I'm late, everyone else is even later.

    Good luck with the roommate, girl. There's nothing worse than Lil Wayne watching you sleep.

    ReplyDelete