Friday, January 7, 2011

Quirky Habits and Finding Out Things for Yourself

Ah... Today was such a chill day, it felt good to relax after a chaotic week. Slept in, aw yeah.

Since I've been thinking about my major again, I've started noticing odd things that I enjoy/do everyday. Oddly enough, I think I like writing notes when they're not for class. My special "What are you going to do with your life" notebook is basically notes and lists jotted down. Things like information on dates, requirements for programs, and financial plans. Maybe it's not so weird, but it seems a little odd to me.

Yes, lately I've also been writing down my outfits. Just 'cause.
The other habits I noticed were with clothes. I never thought about how much I enjoy clothes. I love putting outfits together and going out into the world in them. One of the first things I notice about people? Their outfits. I scope out something about one person's outfit and think, "Ooh, that's cute!" If I'm staring at a person, this tends to be the reason why. This makes me wonder if I should think about something with fashion, but I'm not sure how good I am with brands. Just because I enjoy clothes does it mean a career? I enjoy a lot of things, clothes are just part of it. I know that peoples' style does make me want to live in the city more. People in small towns dress boringly.

I've been considering maybe if I want to transfer, as I believe I've said before. Sure, there are many things I like about here, but I'm starting to feel like there's less and less I'm excited about here as well. I've been studying up on information on other school, and if I'm seriously considering transferring, I'd better start deciding soon. Some people are so lucky to know what they're doing. I wonder who else is as lost as me?

The last thing I've been doing lately is I've stopped letting what other people think I would be good at be my deciding point. That may sound odd, but let me explain. Do you ever see a person walking down the street and think, "I bet that person is a *insert career here*?" Of course you have, but my room mate thinks she's the only one who does. For me, if she didn't know me, she thinks I'd be a teacher or a nurse. Usually I'd think, "Maybe those would be what I should be." But now, I realize that's not me. I'm pretty squeamish, so I wouldn't be a good nurse. I've learned more and more that I would not make a good teacher. I've started to think more and more about how I work, and what careers fit me. Sounds simple, but humans are easily influence, ya know?

Well, what a mouthful, huh? I guess that's what happens when I get time to breath, I ramble. Other than that, ran 8 miles today and been extremely munchy all day. I'm going to go to midnight movies tonight!

What are peculiar habits you have?

2 comments:

  1. Oh lord, weird habits...Probably that I compulsively check the coffee pot to make sure that I've turned it off and unplugged it?

    I got it from my momma.

    For what it's worth, I'm a crazy notes/list maker as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so much less on top of things when I don't write stuff down. So go you!

    We all reach crossroads in our lives. I think you should dabble in everything. Perhaps read a book by a fashion career person and see if it seems appealing? It's good to follow your heart, but getting your feet wet will always be the first step.

    ReplyDelete