Saturday, January 15, 2011

Black Swan and Rainy Day Cleaning

The sky is grey and rain has been coming down all day. Good thing I spent the day indoors!

Before I talk about today, I'd just like to say that last night I went to Black Swan at the Midnight movies. That movies is very bizarre. The whole time you're trying to figure out what is actually going on, but by the end of it you still don't actually know what just happened. Another thing I noticed was how incredibly sexual it was. I heard it was sensual, but I didn't know how sensual. Just... don't watch this with a parent. It will get awkward. Despite having no idea what was really happening, the movie drew me in. I wanted to know how the performance was going to turn out, I wanted to see the Black Swan! Oh, and there were a few scenes that gave me the heebie jeebies. I had difficulty trusting Nina around any object that could cause physical harm.

What I did today was clean my side of the dorm, and it was pretty in depth cleaning. I organized drawers, and managed to clear the cluttered space under my bed. Nice.
While working through the cave underneath my bed, I found some interesting things. One thing, that I knew was under there were my lovely roller skates.

I can't wait until the weather's nice to roll around in them again. Yes, I am a college student who has a pair of roller skates. It's what I wanted for Christmas when I was seventeen. Yeah, I am that cool.
I also stumbled upon a pair of shoes that I thought I threw away, but instead stowed under my bed. I think I wanted to try saving them, but look at these things:

It's time to let them go. They lived a good life.
Last two things I discovered were:
  1. I always stumble upon some intense lipstick when I really dig deep into my cleaning, and I always end up putting it on. Why? I have no idea.
  2. I have been using way too many plastic bags. I never throw them away because I think, "Oh, I'll use them again and it's bad for the enviroment. But this?

That is not a good thing. I think starting now I'm going to use the eco-friendly grocery bags. I have some that were just given to me for free, so why not?
Now, my side of the room is looking pretty spiffy.

I do need to vacuum still though. I just haven't had a chance to get my hands on the vacuum. Perhaps tomorrow, but tonight I'm off to eat some pasta with the fam for tomorrow!

What habits do you have when you do serious cleaning?

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes cleaning requires a bit of glamour.

    I don't have any specific cleaning habits, but I do believe that once I start cleaning, I have to ride the momentum and finish it off.

    ReplyDelete