Friday, January 28, 2011

Internet Distractions, Adding Spice to Fashion, and Skinny Jeans

The Internet. What a creation, huh? Like pretty much the rest of the world, I enjoy the Internet quite a bit. However, the magical invention can have some downsides.
I have confession to make: I used to be an anime nerd. I would read manga, draw it, make ridiculous Japanese references... Yeah. With my addiction to anime, that meant I read a lot of webcomics. With the webcomics, I couldn't just start reading it from where they were in the story. I had to read all of the archives. I would become determined to finish, and very few times did I read only a few pages then move on.

Ouran, look what you have done!
I hardly even look at anime things, let alone webcomics. Of course, there are still a few I peek at from time to time, but I digress. The point leads to what my bad habit has come to today.

Blogs. Yep, I have the same, "Oh my gosh I need to read through all of the archives so I have an idea what they're talking about!" I'm not like the rest of my generation spending hours on Facebook, I spend forever blog reading.

That is what kept me from being as productive as I should have been today. Ah goodness.

In my fashion studies, I've discovered it's a lot of hard work! There are just so many different aspects to it, and trying to figure out ways to incorporate it to modern fashion is difficult! One thing I've realized through it all is that I need to add some variety to my wardrobe. I've always gone with the "If it works, stay with it" mentality. It's time to spice things up.
Speaking of staying the same with clothes, there has always been a favorite type of jeans in my heart: The skinny jeans. My favorite type of pants tend to have one problem though, and that is stretching out. After time, all skinny jeans become less "skinny", and more... something else. I was wearing a black pair of skinnies around my mom recently, and thought I looked like a hobo because they were loose. It's not size change either, because I'm the same size I've been. They just stretch!

Pretty much all of my skinny jeans are too loose now, except one. One pair is actually kind of hard to get on due to being too tight in one area. Which area, you ask?

My calves. My skinny jeans have a hard time getting past my calves. You can see my muscles through the pants!

What!
That's not the reason I run, but it feels like a pretty awesome reason to run anyway.

This evening, I have played Hide and Seek in the campus library and watched some Improv comedy. Next I'm off to see a movie at midnight! I'm watching The King's Speech. Yes!

What distracts you on the Internet?

No comments:

Post a Comment