Monday, January 31, 2011

Getting Work Done and Things I Have Learned From Fictional Characters

Sometimes I wish that there were more hours in the day, but I think a lot of people agree. Then again, the reaction to that may end up having even more to do in those hours. Eh.

I've actually gotten quite a bit done for the week today. I've been practicing the act of not turning on my computer until I've done a decent amount of work. I have about two Spanish assignments and a theatre reading for Friday, but other than that... quite a bit of reading done! I'm hoping that by tomorrow I can get all of the work for the week done, but we will see.

In a few blogs, I've seen some bloggers do themed blogs for the week. They might cover a certain topic or idea, and I thought, "Hey, why not?" So, I present to you:

Things I Have Learned From Fictional Characters.

Today's tidbit of knowledge comes from Disney Princesses, and that is Don't Be Afraid to Sing.


Sing it girl!
Sound crazy? Not really. You see, I used to love to sing, especially in the shower. Now that someone can most likely walk in to hearing me, I don't do it. I'd get embarrassed and feel foolish. But you know what? If you want to sing, go ahead and do it! Even if you have a terrible voice, like mine has become. There's something that can be kind of magical about singing. A cheerful tune can do wonders. Those Disney Princesses were onto something. If you want to go all out, I'd suggest doing something like this:
See what I mean? Magical!
My only warning is that you don't become one of those annoying people who find it necessary to sing everywhere... including locations where groups are trying to study. Now that's just impolite.

Yeah, that might seem a little goofy, but you know what? It's a fun way to start off the week.

I did not sleep well last night, and I think it's finally starting to hit me. Oof. Tomorrow is the start of a new month! I hope you all are excited!

Where do you like to sing?

No comments:

Post a Comment