Saturday, January 1, 2011

The First Day of the New Year and Movies

Did everyone have a good new year celebration? I've seen that some people have had some less than fantastic things happen, but I hope everyone had some decent things happen for them.

My evening involved walking around in freezing temperatures and having a car tire pop on the way home. Despite that, I thought it was a pretty fun night. You just gotta make it fun, you know?

The first day of this new year has been quite a lovely day. The day began at 11:00 am as the gang (aka my family plus my sister's friend) went to have some delicious brunch... that also became my dinner. After brunch, went to the store, and went off to see True Grit.

True Grit was an entertaining movie indeed. It was a lot more humorous than I expected, but that's a good thing. The characters really worked well together. All of their screwed up personality traits evened each other out.

The day has ended out by watching Crazy Horse and Knight and Day. So... a lot of movies, especially Jeff Bridges. I'm also trying to get my Oscar Watch movies in. I'm now to 7 out of the 25 movies on the list EW reccommends.
Well, I've been adding up a lot of "Movies to Watch" lists, haven't I? So many movies, so little time.

In a few blogs, I've noticed some people making some cool year goal things. Like, "I will do so and so every day for the rest of the year." I know I've been told that resolutions aren't a great idea, but these seem different. They seem like fun ideas! I wish I had some cool idea for the new year, but I don't really have anything right now...

Tomorrow is Sunday... Oof. Well, time to get everything together to go back!

What did you do on the first day of this year?

1 comment:

  1. I packed! Haha, I want to see True Grit. I was meaning to but ran out of time. It's lovely to spend the day with one's family though!

    ReplyDelete