Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Difficult Task of Actually Starting Something

Can I just say that homework is unpleasant? We can all agree on that correct?

I've been working on an essay that is due for Thursday, even though it's a rough draft due. Still, despite being a simple rough draft, it took the longest time to actually start writing. Even with having an idea of what I was going to write, I just couldn't start. I think this goes for a lot of things. Even if it's something that we like to do, sometimes starting anything just takes more work than really working on whatever it is you need to work on. Woo, that's a lot of rambling.

I didn't feel like I did a lot, but I didn't think I wasted that much time... I'm not sure really where I stand for the day. I did have a lot of Spanish homework... that took up a bit of time.

Other than that, I managed to run today! Yes, my first day that I ran since my race. I just ran three miles on the treadmill. And you know what? Surprisingly, I felt really good. I didn't even have my heel cup things in. That is weird, but I won't complain.

Can you see my mind seems to be a bit off? I suppose that's what starting school up again is like, plus having assignments biting at your ankles. ...I should stop while I'm behind.

Do you have difficulty starting projects, or is another part of projects that give you the most trouble?

1 comment:

  1. Getting started is always the hardest part for me. Once I'm in the zone, it's absolutely nothing.

    I'm glad you had a good run today - it's always good to know that you can move w/o injury after a race like that!

    ReplyDelete