Thursday, January 20, 2011

Timing, Itunes, Advice from Music and Social Life

For me, getting out of class for the day is like sliding into a hot tub. It's that "aaaah..." feeling that comes over me, because I know that my weekend is basically here. Well, except for class on Friday, but it's a lot less pressure than the rest of the week.

One thing I've come to realize this week? I need to start doing more work during the weekend. Lately work has felt like it piles up onto Wednesday, even though I work through the whole week. The problem? I don't work as much as I should on weekends. It could be because I'm doing things, but I think there's a decent chunk of time I could give to studying in the weekend.


This is not a good way to live.
 I received some itunes money for gifts, and I've been perusing itunes quite a bit lately. I may have money for itunes, but one thing that I love about itunes is its free single of the week. I suggest taking full advantage of it! The free single of the week a lot of the time are some of the worst songs you have ever heard, but I have been able to find some gems in there. My favorite that I've gotten is a song called Marathon by Tennis. I know I've mentioned it before, but I just love it! I don't know why.

Speaking of music, while listening to What to Do by Ok Go today, I noticed some peculiar lyrics that perked my interest. It says, "Mediocre people do exceptional things all the time". This might sound kind of negative, but I actually think that this could be some good advice. Those words make me think of people who might not be blessed with the most amazing talents, but work their butts off to achieve their goals. You see? Kind of good advice.

Something with my social mojo is most definitely off. I think the extreme social awkwardness of some of the people I hang out with is rubbing off on me. I was working so hard to act normal socially, but I think my subconscious has given up on me with this idea.
With that idea, I've discovered something a little bit depressing about myself. Usually, I tend to draw in friends who are on completely different sides of the spectrum. Some of my friends have been those who enjoy partying, getting stoned, and chilling through life. The other friends have been people who are timid, awkward, and don't have many wishes to go out to party very often. What I want are those who are willing to go out and have some fun, yet still have days where chilling out is fine too. That brings me to my confession: I'm jealous of my the friends my sister has. It's a little embarrassing to admit, but her friends are the perfect happy medium. Do I simply lack that potential to make said friends, or are they just not around? I don't know.

Hopefully I didn't scare you off! The weekend is here (sort of)! Huzzah!

What peculiar advice have you gotten from songs?

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote about mediocre people - it kind of reminds me to lighten up on myself once in awhile, you know?

    ReplyDelete