Monday, January 24, 2011

Generalizations and Organization

We meet again beginning of the week. Thankfully, this week shouldn't be as crazy as last week though.

It feels like every time I start writing up a post, one of the things I talk about is how I've been noticing something, or just realized something. The fact is, I think I just notice something new everyday! Ah, the little simple joys that are in life.
I say that because I've realized something else interesting that I tend to do, and I think a lot of other people do it too. I seem to generalize people a lot, but I've realized just how different everyone really is. Okay, let me explain: You see a group of people, and you know little facts about them such as Tim plays basketball, or Jill is an artist. Since we know basic things about them, we can try to mentally figure out things they would like, or things they would never dream of participating in. But you know what? People are surprising. Take me: I really adore clothes, pop culture and movies, yet I will freak out during a football game. Would you expect that out of me? Of course not, but you would never know unless you asked. We always assume people won't like things because you think they seem like this or that, and that's nowhere near anything they would like. I know we're taught not to generalize, but sometimes it happens. No two people are exactly alike that's for sure. I'll try to keep this in mind when I meet new people from now on.

Okay, so I'll try not to sound like an after-school special for the rest of this post. Anywho! Today just flew by, my goodness! I seriously don't know how everything I did today took up so much time, but I did get stuff done! I've got most of my homework for Wednesday done, and I did some legit organizing. I haven't been using my planner a lot lately because I've been posting a list of work to finish for the week on my bulletin board. However, I've been screwing up date on things, so I thought it was time to find out what's in my future plans. Here's what February looks like:

Yes, not so pretty but it gets the job done. I have a huge list of things to do for the week, but I think I was able to get a chunk done today.

My first midterm of the term is Thursday... Where has the time gone?

What does your planner look like? Is it colorful and fun or plain like mine?

1 comment:

  1. I used to carry a Lilly Pulitzer "Time Flies" planner. It was colorful and preppy and adorable! But it got too hard keeping a paper planner and an electronic calendar so I bit the bullet and went electronic.

    ReplyDelete