Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Fighter, Contradicting Concepts and the Need to Finish Things

I don't think I want to believe that it's already Saturday night. Nope, I don't think so.

Last night I went to a campus sponsored midnight movies in the next town over with some friends to see The Fighter. Even though it was a battle to actually get into the right theater after changing theaters three times, I was so glad to go. The Fighter was such a great movie, ah man! It was seriously a movie that pulled you in and messed with your emotions. And though he's crazy, Christian Bale is a fantastic actor in this. Also, he is a freakin' stick in this movie.

Someone get this guy something to eat!
I also liked Amy Adams a lot in this movie. And of course, Mark Wahlberg was a good golden boy.

It's funny how when we resolve towards a different concept, we like to drift in the opposite direction. For me, I said to myself, "Hey, you shouldn't go buy things." Then I went to the movies. However, it was two dollars cheaper than regular movie tickets, and I really want to see as many of the 25 movies to see before the Oscars as possible. You just need to make compromises I suppose. I think this month I'll try to not eat out as much.

I visited a friend today, and when I came back to my room this greeted me:

Well, maybe not the food, but everything else.
How obnoxious! Especially since it took some paint off from the wall. Apparently these walls won't let you attach anything.

I need to seriously get on my homework. I've started one reading, but as I've seen next week is going to be packed if I don't get started on it all ASAP.

Have you been watching any of the Movies to Watch Before the Oscars? Which ones have you enjoyed the most?

1 comment:

  1. Once in college, a picture (framed) that I had hung with sticky tape fell on me in the middle of the night. Scariest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete