Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just a Little Thing to Boost Your Spirits

Who out there is excited that the week is halfway over? Other than me? I'm quite pumped indeed. (I'm not sure if those words all work in the same sentence.)

The fates seemed to be trying to test me today, trying to bring my mood down. At times, they were pretty good at it too. They happened to start my day off right, with my Clinique clarifying bottle falling to the ground and breaking even before the clock hit seven.

My poor bottle!
I managed to salvage some of it, but it was not a happy thing.
It appeared to be one of those days where the key phrases were, "Well what else can happen today?" and "Oh, there's another thing that needs to be fixed/printed again." Pretty much a lot of things that didn't need to happen to make me busier.

However! As I started to prepare things for tomorrow, a song came on to my ipod that made me light up. I couldn't stop myself. I started to dance like a buffoon around my room, a big goofy grin on my face. After my jam session, I thought about all of the little good things happening in life. I got a lot of work done today. After classes tomorrow, I'll have no more homework for the rest of the week. I have only one class on Friday that starts at 11:00. My weekend is going to be amazing!

Take it from Calvin and Hobbes, they know what they're doing.
Thinking about all of the little bad things is draining. Thinking about the little things that are good is energizing! I'd rather have energy than be a lifeless shell of myself.

If you're wondering what song made me jump up and dance, I was jamming to Love Like Woe by The Ready Set. I don't know what is about that song, but pretty much every time I listen to it, I want to dance! Fun fact about me: I enjoy a lot of music that some may call seriously bad music. Like, music that is extremely ridiculous. Although, I do like tasteful music as well.

Speaking of which, I really like the free song of the week Marathon by Tennis. It's very old fashioned, but in a good way in my opinion.

That's all I think I have for you today. Get ready for the weekend!

What song just makes you want to dance?

1 comment:

  1. I love that song by The Ready Set! Basically my entire running playlist is dance party music because if I didn't look like a total psychopath, I'd probably be waving my arms the entire time.

    ReplyDelete