Friday, January 21, 2011

Forgetting What I Was Thinking, After Race Motivation and Mom Chats

As I've most likely said a million times, when I'm going through the day, I think of a million things to talk about in the ol' blog. Sadly, I tend to forget a lot of what I wanted to say until I've already pushed that post button. It made me wonder: is it better to post in the morning? Instead of talking about everything that happened in the day in the evening, what would recapping it the next morning be like? Has anyone else out there tried it? What are your thoughts?

You'd think that there would be no downsides to completing my half marathon, but there's one that I've been noticing this week. Since I have nothing I'm training towards, it's hard to figure out what to run. Should I start running everyday? Or maybe the schedule I had was perfect. What about mileage? I'm guessing I should sign up for something. I did have one race catch my eye that's a 15k on St.Patty's day where your medal is part bottle opener.  I feel like the next step that is somewhat an obligation is to run a marathon, but I require more... motivation. The truth is, I really would want my cousin and my sister to train and run one with me in October... how to convince?

Earlier this evening I spend a couple hours in a Taco Del Mar talking with my mom. At first, I thought "Wow, how cool am I to be spending a Friday night hanging out with my mom." But you know what? It was actually quite nice. Funny how when I started college, I got a lot closer to my mom. I've heard this happens. Also, I feel like moms are just programmed to listen to their kids blather on and on, because somehow my mom was able to listen to me talk all about myself for the most part.

Let's finish up this post, shall we? Does anyone watch Community out there? I just watched last night's episode last night and SPOLIER
*Shirley is pregnant with Chang's baby WHA-*
SPOLIER END

Yeah. I love shows I can obnoxiously quote, and that's totally one of those shows.
"Kettle Corn? That's a fun-time snack!"
How do you get re-motivated after a race/whatever you accomplish?

No comments:

Post a Comment