Monday, January 17, 2011

Library Visits and Fashion Through the Ages

Oh my goodness! If I didn't have today off, I don't think I would have been able to get all of my work done for tomorrow.

Today I was just really tired. Gee, I wonder why? Nicely enough, nothing has been really hurting me. I'm quite sore in the hips, but no pain. When I went to the physical therapist, he said it would be alright to run the week after the race if I didn't hurt. So... I think I might try and get a little run in tomorrow. We'll see!

Since today was a day of homework and such, I ended up wandering over to the library for some studying. This also meant that I was going book exploring, despite the fact I probably won't have time to read them. I'll make time! (Probably not the best idea.) I picked out three books:

These are the type of books I read for FUN. What?
Books are like people. They come in every shape, color and size. Books are diverse, with interests in any subject imaginable. No two books are really alike... well, except for reprints. You get what I mean.

With my books being mostly about fashion, I started brainstorming some fashion ideas. Then I thought of something that I think would be really cool. What if you created an inspired stylized look from every decade for a week at a time? Such as, wear outfits that were inspiried by 1920s fashion for a week, then 1930s the next week. That made me realize that could cost a lot, and I don't have the money of a movie star who has a walk in closet. However, I still want to do something with that idea. I just don't know what yet. (I know my favorite outfits would be inspired by 1920s... I love that style!)

Or it could just be that I like flapper dresses.
On the subject of brainstorming ideas, I've been thinking of a lot of mini goals that interest me. Things to improve health, happiness, all of that jazz. Right now all of my ideas are blurred together, but maybe I could make something out of it.

The week begins once again, and I'm not ready. I better pretend I am.

What is your favorite decade for fashion?
(I also love the fashion from the sixies just because there's such a huge range of styles. I did a group project on the sixies once, and so I have a pretty decent idea of the fashion.)

1 comment:

  1. 1. I'm SO glad that you're not in any post-race pain! That's always a relief, you know?

    2. As for fashion, I think the 20's were such a glamorous time, but if I had to pick a runner-up, I'd probably go for the 50's.

    ReplyDelete