Friday, January 14, 2011

The Desire of Travel Yet The Reality of Staying Home

The days seem so much shorter when you sleep in, even if it's only two hours longer than usual.

Ah, it's crazy how much I've been wanting to travel recently. Maybe I'm getting stir crazy from winter, but I've been going mad about traveling. It also could be reading about being classy abroad or reading about Gingersnap's adventures in England. I've basically been craving chilling in Portland or traveling in Great Britain. Here's my metaphor for you: Say there's a person who all of their life only eats veggies. They enjoy veggies, and they've had a few different type of veggies, but they really want a slice of chocolate cake. Oh, they've had chocolate cake a few times, but not as often as they'd like. They also know there's two certain slices of cake that they would really love to have. One slice they've tried bites of before, but they want a whole damn slice. The other slice is a slice of cake that they've heard AMAZING things about, a slice of cake they've always wanted to try. Yet, there they are, sitting around crunching on their veggies.

Can you tell I've also been really munchy today? I think my metabolism is freaking out from lack of miles, yet still wants more. I can't really tell.

Off to do things!

What areas do you desire to travel to?

2 comments:

  1. I'm dying to jet off to Napa but with my PTO situation this year (Honeymoon, etc.) it's looking like it will have to be next year. Before I went to NYC last August, I was totally chomping at the bit like you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I hope you can do some travelling soon. It's one of my loves, too. Haha, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds new grocery stores exciting.

    ReplyDelete