Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Treadmills and My Super Sweet Sixteen

The weather outside has been tricking me. Despite the shimmering golden rays coming down from the sky, the chilly winds have been freezing me to the bone. Outside would actually feel really nice if it wasn't for the snippets of wind that happened to pass by.

Piglet gets what I'm saying.
Because of this, I decided today's run would take place on the RSC treadmills. The longer I've been running, the more I've begun having trouble with the treadmills. There's something about seeing your distance on a machine that makes it that much harder to keep going. However, this was not the case today. Instead, the treadmill and I were BFFs today. I felt good, even with a lingering side ache. It was weird. I usually think, "Okay, after three songs I get to look", but I didn't until after six! Might not sound like a big deal to you, but it was to me.

You're alright treadmill.
I think the reason I had so much ease on the treadmill today was because I was distracted by the TV. The TV tends to be on some of the time, but it's usually Teen Mom or people talking about sports. Today, the show was My Super Sweet Sixteen.

My Super Sweet Sixteen is another one of the horrendous shows that you can find on MTV, but it's kind of like a train wreak. It's awful but you just can't look away. Especially the rich kids who get angry because it was supposed to be a Mercedes and not a Rolls Royce. (Aren't Rolls Royces nicer? I digress.) The whole idea of the show is following around spoiled rich kids as they prepare for birthday celebrations that probably cost as much as a year of school for us normal folk. With the Teen Mom show, they tend to just be sitting around and talking to each other, which is not very entertaining when you can't hear what they're saying. With My Super Sweet Sixteen, you get to see them go around planning all of their extravagant birthday parties.
You definitely think, "They spend that much on WHAT?", but it kind of gets you to start daydreaming about what your "Sweet Sixteen" or whatever party would be like if you had that much money.
I think mine would either be Victorian Style or High fashion... 1920s would be a third choice.

I suppose one day I'll become rich and famous. Then I'll throw the best parties around, for everyone to enjoy. ...I need to think about something else.

Well, off to try something new! See y'all later!

What would be the theme of your "Sweet Sixteen"?

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know that show was still on!

    I was most confused by why they always needed to have talent performances where they tried to pull off some poorly choreographed dance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats the run on treadmill, The way you are thinking remains me the song "Billionaire".

    ReplyDelete