Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year, Old Goals

Welp, the end of the year is here! What a year it has been. 2010 has been a pretty good year for me. I've:
  • Graduated from High School
  • Started college
  • Started running again
  • Went to state for high school tennis
  • Turned 19
I'm sure I've done a lot more than that, but it's so hard to compile everything happening in one year in your mind.

Many people around me dismiss the idea of the new year's resolution. I've been taught that you need to make everyday goals. One specific day shouldn't be the only day you try and make big goals. I've read it on blogs, I've been told by my mother. Really, this is good advice. I've read that a high percentage of people give up on their resolutions only a week after the new year has begun. Yeah, that's a bit of a downer, but people can also make some great resolutions.

For me? I think I'm going to look in review at my goals that I made at the start of this blog. Let's see how they've changed/how I've been doing with them.

1.Get a Degree
I'm still working on that quite obviously, ha. I have gotten 17 credits from my first term. Slowly working my way. I still want to find out what I want to do with my life. I don't even know if I'll finish my degree at WOU! We'll see by the end of the year, eh?
2. Not Gain the Dreaded Freshman Fifteen
I've noticed this bothers me less and less. I still want to make sure I don't gain fifteen pounds, but I think my running has helped me with that a lot. I fall back and forth between weight.
3. Travel Abroad During my Junior Year
This has changed a little bit, simply because I've been looking into maybe going abroad next year instead. I know I still want to be able to travel abroad though. I'm just not sure when.
4.Stay Out of Debt
I've been spending more money than I should I think lately. I worry way too much about money, but this month has been a crazy spending one. Yes, part of the increased spending has to do with buying gifts, but there's been a lot of other spending in there. Watching out for that.
5. Keep My Grades Up
I think my grades looked pretty nice last term... Let's keep it up!
6. Make Friends
I'm still working on this. It's hard trying to make really good friends at the beginning of school. Sure, there are some nice people, but are they great friend material? Still trying to figure that out. One of the recent things people have been telling me are that you don't make great friends until you get more into your major. Geez, that's awhile from now! Well, who knows.
7.Post a Blog Entry Everyday
Even though there's been some rough posts, I've still managed to get my posts in. Maybe after the first year, I'll stop posting everyday. What's the point of writing if it's jibberish? I still want to finish off the year with a post everyday though.

Well, I'll keep working towards these goals. I'll also keep working to get ready for the half marathon and other things that come my way. I'll see you all next year!

What goals are you working towards in the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment