Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Spaghetti Night and Maybe Trying Something Crazy

Hello out there blog world! How are ya doing?
I'm doing alright, but I still have a million things I need to get done. As you can see in the picture above, I'm always trying to get something else done.
You know how I said I was trying to budget my life? Goodness gracious, it takes a lot of work. I'm not even looking at the big things like tuition, I'm just looking on spending money for random things I need during the school year. Such as laundry and Zumba and school stuff. So many things, so hard to try not to spend all of your money! I think I've managed to budget it all together, but... we'll see, won't we?

It feels like the teachers are starting to crack down on the big project plans. I have two pretty decently-sized things due in two weeks and a smaller project in a week that we got today. Time to get crackin'! It's scary though.

We had a 'Bistro Night' in our hall tonight. Basically it was our RA making us spaghetti. We were all so hungry we just inhaled it.


Amanda and Karin, our RA. She's adorably bubbly.

In the title of this post, I said maybe trying something crazy. This has to do with my project due in a week. For Individual Health/Fitness, we need to make a fitness plan. I've been running and I want to try running more and more. This got me to the thought: What if I ran a half marathon? It is on my bucket list, and it would be a great thing to do!  I looked up some info on races here in Oregon and found one happening in January. Could I do it? I keep running around the idea (ha ha, pun). Then I went for a run today and ran 4.20 miles for 38 minutes. That's about a 9 minute mile! I think I should. If not now, when?

I was going to go to the Save the Ta-Tas thing going tomorrow, but I'm going down to Eugene to have dinner for my sister's birthday. She's turning 21! (I got her a WOU shot glass, ha.) I should do something else too... I think after this, I'll draw her a picture. If homework doesn't consume me.

Have you ever done a Half Marathon? Any training tips/suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment