Sunday, October 17, 2010

Battle in Seattle Recap

Hello everyone! The end of Sunday draws near, something I am not ready for. I need a rest day, and today was not it.

Yesterday was Battle in Seattle. We all got up to pile into buses at 9:30, and by 10 we were off. My room mate ended up not going. She didn't even stay the night in our room the night before. Any who, in the bus there were two seats in each space. I grabbed one near the front near some people from my hall, but the coordinators were like, "Oh, we need the front spaces, can you sit somewhere else?" I ended up sitting with some people from Landers I had met before a few rows back. Keep in mind the few rows back thing.

I talked to the Landers girls. I tried being social, but somehow it didn't seem like they were feeling it. Sorry that I'm trying to be friendly, I didn't know it was that awkward getting to know people you don't live with. Another thing I did was get excited to say "First one in Washington!" Apparently no one on the bus has ever done that in their lives. Lame. Though no one was too excitable, at least we watched good movies on the way up.

Then this happened. Finally, we get to a rest stop. I go over to my two dorm mates that I hang out with usually with my room mate. One of them says this, "OH my gawd, we could hear you the whole time. It would be quiet, then we'd hear you and be like, 'Oh my god Hannah shut UP!" Maybe they were trying to be funny. I didn't even think I talked that much. But it hurt. One of my biggest fears is that I'm annoying people, so it means they don't want to hang out with the annoying weirdo. Is it better that I remain in the background and fade away so that no one really notices that I'm there? Or is it better that I'm actually trying to get to know people, be social? This shut me up for pretty much the whole ride. I was texting my cousin Ali and mentioned it, when suddenly my sister calls. Odd. I answer and hear,
"Who does this effing b*tch think she is? Who the hell says that?!" It turns out that my sister was with my cousin and was reading the texts. I couldn't really talk to her about it on the bus, because *someone* would hear me from my over-ly carrying voice. That's something I really love about my family. They're extremely supportive.

Finally after arriving in Seattle, I dashed over to two of my other hall mates to hang out with them We ended up walking around and eating dinner in Seattle. It was great! I didn't feel as worried or judged, and we had a great time!


Cool people!

The game was... okay, the game was awful. We played HORRIBLY. Let's just say our team sucks and does not understand how to play the game intelligently.It was also freezing. I did get a free t-shirt though! Plus hanging with the hall mates (the non-bashing ones) was fun. They had never been to a college football game, and one of them had never been to a football game period! Wild.


When coming back, I noticed that the girl I sat next to before was napping and put her bag in my seat. Subtle. Once again, I was tossed into a random seat. The ride back was not so great because:
  • I was exhausted and couldn't get in a comfortable position to sleep
  • I hadn't eaten much, and my body could tell even if I didn't feel too hungry
  • As I said before, I have a cold and it's getting to me. I was seriously feeling it by this time.
We got home around 2, so I ate something and went to sleep. When I woke up I felt terrible, but I've gotten to feeling a lot better. I also ran today! Nice. I ran on a treadmill today for 40 minutes. I was going to use the nice treadmill, but just as I walked in, a guy stepped on it. He gave me that kind of puppy look, you know the one I'm talking about? The one where they know they've done something to tick you off, but secretly are kind of happy? That's the one. This wouldn't have bothered me as much if he was wearing something else. You know what he was wearing? Jeans and a sweatshirt. That's what ticked me off. So I don't know officially how far I ran because the other treadmill was buggy and started at about a mile, but I'm almost positive I ran about 4 miles. I was so glad I did, because it felt so good. Plus, it's training!

I was going to write more about today, but I've already written a lot. I'll just mention a last thing that today was weigh in day! The scale says... 131 lbs. I can tell. I can feel it, I can see it. What did I do differently?
  • Last week I didn't run as far, but I ran little incriments every day. This week was longer mileage, with days inbetween. I don't want to overwork myself, so I'm continuing the running the same way.
  • I ate top ramen twice this week. Once is enough for any week. I had it as a meal each time, but even then it doesn't do anything for you.
  • Finally... I've been eating too much granola. I need to start eating something else for breakfast. The problem with it is that I will munch and munch and munch on it. Not good. I need to find a breakfast with protein and carbs to give me energy and fuel for the day other than that!
Too much talking! I'm gonna finish some more work, read a little then go to much needed sleep! P.S.: I haven't seen my room mate since Friday night. I wonder where she is?

What do you do when someone bad mouths you?

No comments:

Post a Comment