Sunday, October 3, 2010

Running Outside and Parties! (Or lack thereof)

Last  night turned out to be just another bleh night. We were going to a party, but then our ride fell through, and I was not going to be the designated driver. I didn’t want to because I am always the DD. Also, under no circumstance will I drive with anything in my system. Because that’s STUPID. A first happened last night: My room mate slept in the dorm last night! I couldn’t believe it, but it was because the person’s house she stays at was mad at her.

I love the feeling of running in the morning because even though you haven’t done a lot the rest of the morning, it feels like you’ve accomplished a ton. I was planning to run on a treadmill in the RSC, but it was closed. I wanted to run then, so I ran into the countryside. It was actually very nice. I love running outside because the scenery is amazing in Oregon. An unpleasant thing on my run is that I felt a bit out of breath. This has been happening for my last runs, and I don’t know why. Any ideas? For mileage, I have no idea because my Run keeper on my phone bugged out and said I ran 14 miles in 30 minutes. Would be nice, but... (Maybe it’s because I have the free version…)
After running, I received a call from the Safety Department on campus. It turns out I had dropped my license on the way out running. Thank goodness someone found it!
Lunchtime I went with my roomie and two other girls from our dorm to a bagel place my cousin told me about. It was pretty yummy!


This was my bagel called The Oregonian.
Tonight I drove down to Eugene for my Aunt’s surprise 50th birthday party. It was so fun, and she was so surprised! The only weird thing was that everyone there was older than me except my adorable little second cousins, but they’re 5 months and 2 years old.
I’ve been trying to read my body’s signs more lately. I want to be able to understand when I’m actually hungry, but sometimes it’s so hard to tell what your body wants. I’ve also been trying to chew my food longer and slower. While I was at my cousin’s house for their homecoming, I read something in a magazine saying how we take fewer bites now than a few years ago. I’ve done pretty well on this the last two days, but when I ate birthday cake at my Aunt’s birthday I just inhaled it. Not a good thing to do. I’ll keep working on it.
It’s Sunday evening, and that means weigh in! I checked the scale, and it read 128 lbs again! I was surprised because I’ve eaten out a lot this week. Maybe I’ve been actually listening to my body?
When I was at the birthday party, I wanted to take pictures. I was all ready for it, but once I saw all of the nice cameras that everyone else had I felt ridiculous with my sad little silver guy. Do you guys ever feel camera shy? How do you get over the fear of taking pictures? Also, what motivates you to run? Lately I've been really inspired by the blog http://healthyashley.blogspot.com/ . It's a pretty fun blog to read. I read pretty much all foodie blogs and it makes me want to post food pics. But it's that camera shyness again. Anywho, that's all from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment