Monday, October 18, 2010

Sleeping issues and Quirks

Oooh boy. This was a rocky start to a day.

Last night my room mate came in at 9 to the room with her boyfriend. I was going to try to go to bed at 9:15, but that wasn’t going to happen. I managed to go to “bed” at 9:45 though. The problem was sleeping. Everyone in the hall decided that was the night that they would start making noise like crazy.
After who knows how long, my roomie and her boyfriend came back into the room. Then they started messing around on facebook. (Not on each other, goodness! That would be another story.) The clicking of a mouse pad is not helpful to sleep AT ALL. After what might have been a half hour, I told them, “Okay, if you’re going to be on Facebook all night, can you go outside to do it? It’s really obnoxious.” May seem a little mean, but come ON. They took this as they needed to go to bed, even though I didn’t care. Just as long as they go out in the common area. Not that much of a stress. Whatever.

This morning, my history class was canceled. Would have been nice to know that before waking up for it. Alas, she sent the email AFTER I went to bed. Oh well. The rest of the day was alright though, except I didn’t really do anything.

One of my hall mates might be going home, and it’s really sad. She’s one of the nice ones, and it sucks that she’s having issues. It’s more issues with she wants to get her life together. We’ll see what happens.

Lately I’ve been noticing quirks that my professors have. True, I do this for everyone, but today I was thinking about it a lot more.
My history professor is obsessed with quotations. She will use them for EVERYTHING.
My Weight Training professor calls people by the place they’re from. Today, I officially became Philomath. I think it’s kind of funny, because it reminds me of those ridiculous sports movies where the coach has little names for everyone.
My Theatre professor swears a lot and waves his arms around his head like jazz hands.
My Health/Fitness professor talks at a mile a minute, and she’s the stereotypical athletic nature-y sports person. She’s the one you’d see out with her husband and dog on a walk in freezing weather.
I don’t have quirks for my FYE teachers yet.
My English professor doesn’t really have any quirks, but I noticed that she always wears two certain pieces of jewelry. One is a pearl necklace with a tiny gold pendant in the middle, and the other is a set of golden bangles. I wonder why?

I love noticing little details like that. I wonder if I could use that in a job?

Still sick, should probably think about heading to bed early again. Now I have some Tylenol pm, so hopefully that will help knock me out.

What things do you notice about people? What's your quirk?

No comments:

Post a Comment