Thursday, October 14, 2010

Granola and DJ-ing

Oof. I wish I was one of those people who could run on no sleep, but I need at least 7 hours… That will probably have to change with college. I must start enjoying the taste of coffee.
Almost every morning I have one of the most delicious breakfasts ever. I have a mug of granola, milk, and some peanut butter mixed in. It may sound a bit odd, but it is wonderful. I’ve been getting the granola from Valsets since I have early class most of the week and get there before class starts. I must get more granola though…
Mmm, yummy!
I saw my mom and grandma today. We were making sure that my financial aid was all correct for the umpteenth time. I just like to make sure, you know? I worry that I’m doing the thing everyone says not to do which is see your family a lot the first year. My mom reassures me I’m fine. I suppose I over think these things.

My run today was a weak one. I was not feeling it, I was tired, and I didn’t drink enough water. I ran for 32 minutes but my Runkeeper bugged out again. I’ll have to do the drive test and see how far it was, but I think it was only 3 miles. Since we’re on the subject of running…

I am officially registered for 2011 Cascade Half Marathon on January 16th.

This is crazy! The most I’ve ever run I think has been 6 miles, and that was a run/walk. But I can do this. I WILL do this. And it will be awesome.

I’m getting sick. My throat is starting to really hurt. I’ll have some O J tomorrow and get some sleep tonight. I know you should be doing these things before to prevent getting sick, but I’m a college student! I don’t think logically!

My cousin deejay-ed a dance over here! How cool is that? I went for a little bit, but my throat was killing me after awhile.


Rocking the DJ booth
 It's time for me to drink some tea, finish my Shakespeare reading and then it's bedtime for me. Night everyone!
What's your go-to breakfast? What are some things you do when you are starting to get sick to feel better?

No comments:

Post a Comment