Friday, October 8, 2010

Once it's Friday...

...It becomes a ghost town here on campus. It's like when school gets out for the summer and people simply vanish.
I woke up early today even though I didn't need to and ran before class. It was nice to get it done! I ran for 22 minutes because I started to get killer side aches. I tried to run through it, but it lasted for something like 5 minutes. It added up to 2.25 miles today.

My room mate is trying to "jam" on the guitar. Unfortunately, she's a self-taught learner. Also, I don't think she realizes that a guitar out of tune doesn't sound good. It may be annoying, but we both need to work together for a common ground. That's what happens with a room mate.

In the social realm, I've been having some issues with separating from people. I'm trying hard not to only hang out with my room mate, but somehow everything ends up being something with her. And this is the other thing that made me realize we need to separate. We were talking to someone from our hall and she said (basically), "Well I don't like those people because they're NERDS." This pissed me off. I've always toned down her, "Oh she likes to hang out with only certain groups", but this is ridiculous. I've never fit perfectly into a group. I have friends who are "nerds", I have friends who are "cool". You shouldn't judge being a friend with someone just how they seem to fall into a stereotype. Thinking you're cool doesn't make you cool.

I took a nap today with  pretty much everything still on my bed. That was interesting. Another thing that happened? I left my keys in my room, so I had to be let it. My room mate ALWAYS loses her keys, and I always have to help her out. When I need keys? She's not around. Not fair!

I'm going home for the first time this weekend! I've been trying to avoid it, but my mom asked if I wanted to do a Race for The Cure run in Eugene. Since it's closer, it's easier to stay down there.

I hope everyone has a lovely Friday evening! I'm going cosmic bowling tonight!
How do you deal with friends who are judgemental?

No comments:

Post a Comment