Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Adventure to Independence

Ah, what a wonderful feeling! The feeling of accomplishing something you think is great is amazing. First, let's start off with what happened last night.

I ended up going to Cosmic bowling with one of my hall mates, her brother, their friend and a few other people. Even though it was bowling, it ended up being pretty fun! The thing was, earlier in the night I was hoping I would meet up with Katelyn and be able to party. That didn't end up happening, but I realized something interesting. You see, that group lately has kind of been giving me the 'we don't want you around' vibe. Would it better to hang out with people who don't want you there even though they have booze, or spend a night sober with people who do seem to like you and are fun?
Something very frustrating did happened at bowling though. My hall mate is really into the friend that came with us. The problem is that he was flirting harecore with ME. I don't want to lose the friends that I am slowly making, but it just stinks that I have to be a good person and try not to be interested. Plus he's cute. Boo.

Today as I said, I went on an adventure to Independence. I decided that I would go on a run to Independence for their Saturday market. Of course, this needs to be the day that Oregon remembers that it's Oregon, meaning rain. I didn't care.

I feel I looked very runner-chic
I know it sounds crazy with the rain, cold and all, but it felt fantastic. I love running, even if I'm not the best. It feels good.


A very wet farmer's market
 The Saturday market was so wonderful! I've always wanted to go to one. There are so many wonderful things there. I went a little crazy with the shopping. Here's my bounty:
First in the brown bags are these things called ground cherries. I had never seen them before much less tried them. They are related to tomatoes and they are suprisingly tasty! They will be a great little snack.
Next are some Fuji apples and Asian pears. I was so excited when I saw the pears, they are the most delicious pears ever! The triangular thing is a cranberry scone. There's also some kettle corn that I ate two thirds of on the walking back home. I was hungry! The last thing there is a yoga book. Before going back to Monmouth, I stopped in this little used bookstore. I browsed through the books and saw this little book. I've never been a yoga person, but I've been reading healthy ashley's blog lately and I saw something that inspired me. She talked about doing 10 minutes of yoga for 30 days. Only ten minutes? Sounds not too bad, right?

It turned out to be a 3.12 mile run, and I ran it in 29.5 minutes! It felt fantastic. I know that I should have done this with someone else. Something to help gain relationships with people. But I did it myself because I knew that if I didn't do it myself it would never happen. My room mate was going to come with me so she said and I knew that wasn't true. She had been drinking the night before, so she wasn't going to want to run with a hangover. Even then, I found out later she wasn't even in town! You see my point? I just needed to go and DO it.

I received a package today! It was from one of my lovely aunts. Isn't it cute?


This is what was in it:


Cocoa, ghost marshmallows, tea, mini jackolanters, lip balm and a chocolate!

How cute!

Now I am back in my home town. I've been trying to avoid coming home, trying to move on to something new. The reason for returning is because my mom asked if I wanted to do the Race for the Cure in Eugene tomorrow at 8 in the morning. Home is closer than campus, so it's a better idea instead of waking up earlier.

Have you been to a farmer's market? What fun foods have you found there?

No comments:

Post a Comment