Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkins, Family and Conversations

I am not pleased that it is Sunday evening. Mainly because I know that this week is gonna be one busy week for me. Especially homework-wise.

Last night as I said, I went to a haunted house with my cousins. Usually I am that person who is terrified of scary things. I don't go to scary movies because I know they will give me nightmares. Strangely enough, when I went to this haunted house I wasn't scared at all! Sure, there were some creepy things, but I wasn't super spooked. And they were good, too. Maybe I'm becoming more brave...

The main reason I went up to my cousin's house was because there was going to be a lunch for my uncle's birthday at their house today. Might as well hang out, right? I woke up early and went on my Sunday run. It was nice outside, then it started POURING. I was soaked! It was a nice 4 mile run anyway.
After everyone was up, we all went to the pumpkin patch. It alternated from pouring to okay so many times! We got some pumpkins and went through a little corn maze. Just a day out with the cousins.
When we got back from the pumpkin patch my parents were at the house and we had the birthday lunch. There was some chilling somewhere in there too. We carved the pumpkins awhile later, then it was time to go home.


How did this even become a tradition?

Sometime during the day I was feeling a bit off. Sort of sad in a way, but just off. I talked to my mom about it and she thought it was probably because I'm tired plus coming out of a cold. She's probably right. I've just felt stressed about things. I'm scared that I'm going to become overwhelmed. Scared that I'm going to try really hard to do well and not succeed. Worried that I won't get things finished. It's simply overthinking, but I can't help it. I suppose I should just chill out.

Speaking of work, I have some extra credit that's due tomorrow... After that, I should go to sleep. I've got a busy week ahead of me!

What stresses you out? How do you deal with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment