Thursday, October 21, 2010

Friendship Breakthrough and a Plethora of Letters

I am so ready to get over this cold. Unfortunately, my body someone also thinks it’s a good idea to not let me sleep and wake me up at ungodly hours of the night…

Yesterday something I forgot to mention was that Danyon and I had a breakthrough. We both realized that we felt unwanted around the “locals” (Our Hawaiian friends) and it felt bad. It was a bit of a revelation. We also both realized it’s really hard making new friends, and it’s not just hard for you like you think it is. A strange thing to bond over, but bonding nevertheless.

I received so much mail today! I felt so loved. I got my shirt for my Halloween costume plus 4 letters! Wowza!

Since I can’t run with my headphones in during the half marathon, I ran without my iPod today! On a treadmill, which seems crazy. However, it was great! I felt amazing, even though mentally I was not all there. During the last mile or so, I was full on talking to myself in my mind.

“C’mon girl! You can go faster, can’t you? What?! That’s madness! Perhaps I am mad! Hahaa!”

39 minutes for 4 miles. I’m still sick, but I should have tried to go faster. One thing that felt really good was when I was done, and a girl next to me said something about me being skilled. It was pretty cool.
My room mate is going home for the weekend. Why? Just because. Even though she has class tomorrow… Eh, her loss.

My birthday is tomorrow! I wonder what that'll be like... Woo!

Who do you get letters from? Do you send letters?

No comments:

Post a Comment