Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Holiday Timing and Classic Movies

The funny thing about the holidays is timing. For weeks, it felt like people were talking about them way too soon. I roll my eyes, thinking about how ridiculous people are weeks in advance. Yet, here we are with only a few days until Christmas. How crazy time is, ain't it?

The other day I mentioned that I didn't get much sleep the night before. The reason? I decided to watch a certain movie right before bed. I figured since the ending was spoiled, it wouldn't freak me out right? Well, this is what movie I watched:


And despite a main character's deathly plot twist at the end, I still got the creeps. Seeing a kid with a gunshot to the back of the head does not put me at ease. Plus the guy at the beginning? Creepy times one hundred in my book.

I decided to watch The Sixth Sense because I saw it on the Top 100 movie list from AFI. I've always wished to finish a list of top movies like that, partially just to say that I had. Currently, I've only watched seventeen from the list. I will watch more before this break is over.

I always like to think of myself as a movie buff, but honestly I have not seen a lot of the movie greats that people always talk about. I constantly hear about The Godfather, but I've never seen it. I only just saw Back to the Future for the first time about a week ago. Yeah, that's not on the list, but it's a classic. I just want to have something to back up my claims of being movie savvy.

Cookie party with the cousins tomorrow! Hooray!

What "classic" movie have you never seen?

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen Gentlemen Prefer Blondes?

    For what it's worth, I NEVER plan on watching the Sixth Sense or any of those other scary movies! I'm just terrible at them. They're either too gory or too psychologically creepy. I just can't do it.

    ReplyDelete