Monday, December 20, 2010

Graduations, Christmas Parties and Getting Out of the Slump

Ah, it's good to get out of a slump! I feel as though I can officially say I am out of it.

Yesterday was quite a day, and even though today was not as eventful, it was still a grand day indeed.

My mother graduated with her masters degree in teaching yesterday. If you knew my family in real life, you would understand that this is a pretty big deal. My mom has worked as a chemist and one day decided that she wanted to get her teaching degree. She has been busy for so long. Truthfully, she'll still be super busy, but now that's out of the way.

After having a little celebration for her, it was time for my sister and I to head off from that fiesta to a Christmas party. Well, I was crashing. Whatever! I was invited to crash, plus I brought food. There were many fun things, but the best part was the gingerbread making contest. Ours rocked.

Yes, that is a converse. ...With a severed leg included.
The secret santa was also entertaining despite not having a gift.

I didn't do much today, I'll admit. The one thing I did do that officially pushed me out of my slump? I ran my long run today. Yeah, on a Monday. Weird. And I ran the distance of a half marathon. Slump officially defeated. I can also take pride in the fact that I did not get a decent amount of sleep last night. More on that later.

Slump defeated, and I'm off again!

2 comments:

  1. That cake seriously rules. I'm glad you're over the hump! Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Mamma! What a proud day for y'all :)

    That gingerbread craft looks out.of.control.

    ReplyDelete