Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Completing Things, Essays, and Disagreements

Before I say anything else, I must make a statement. Today is December 1st. NOW it is appropriate to start blasting the Christmas music. Honestly, if you start hyping a holiday too early it loses flair. Holidays are special because they only happen once a year, right? Perhaps there are different viewpoints on this, but these are my thoughts.

The dreaded essay is finished! Judging from the reaction I received from the writing center girl, I've started to feel pretty good about it. ...Now time to worry about finals. Oh dear. Strangely enough, I'm feeling pretty good about them. I simply need to put in some good studying for English and History, and from the midterms I feel I can do it! Theatre should be pretty simple, just a few review words. (I got the score for my Costume Project today- 97%! Woohoo!)

On the One Act side of the world, I'm not feeling too great. My confidence is becoming shot because simply put I need a lot of direction. I know that I need practice in acting, but the other actor hasn't even been in a production before. Yet I'm the one who looks like a doof. Honestly, it's because I'm over thinking things. Why must I over think everything? I do not know.

My room mate was in bed by 8:45 tonight. She said how she was soooo tired, and she has finals tomorrow. I call B.S. on this. Why? She sleeps all of the time. I wake about 3 hours earlier than her, and she goes to bed at the same time as me pretty much every night. That's about 11 hours of sleep a night. Then again, lately most everything she does pushes my buttons. Maybe I'm just becoming bitter. Very possible.

I might actually get ready for bed after this post... We'll see what happens.

When do you psyche yourself out?

No comments:

Post a Comment