Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Treasure Cookies and Getting Ready for Break

Thank you guys for the well wishes for my finals! The verdict? I believe I killed them! Well, for the most part.

My last final was History this morning, and whoa. The teacher thinks a good essay is about 3-4 pages in the large blue books. There were three essays along with two definitions. Personally, that's a lot of freakin' writing. I wrote right on through those two hours of test time. By the time I was done, I was dizzy from writing so much! Writing can take a lot out of me sometimes if I'm seriously writing.

After the finale of my finals, I caught up on my Tuesday shows Glee and Raising Hope. Ah, how great were they? Holiday-themed episodes are seriously the best. The one downside I've realized is that they probably won't have any new episodes until the new year... Curses.

Since there was no more studying to do, what did I spend the entire rest of the afternoon doing?

That's right. I made cookies. No, that's not really dough, that's just butter and sugar mixed together. It just looked cool. I'm one of those people who loves to give gifts to people, and I thought it would be nice to give some hall mates something. This lead to the thought, "What if someone feels left out?" This ended in me making a huge batch of treasure cookies.


This was after I had already stuffed some bags with cookies. There were about 100 altogether.
 If you've ever had treasure cookies, you'll know that they are delightful cookies with pieces of candy hidden inside. I have very distinct memories of searching through a batch of said cookies, on a mission to find the cookies with Reese's Peanut Butter cups inside.
I love the classic treats, but the more I hear about raw desserts, the more they sound delicious. I should look into venturing to get some during break.

I can't wait to go home, but I have to get all packed up first! It's one of those things where you just don't know where to start, you know?

Do you make gifts for other people? What type of treats bring back memories?

1 comment:

  1. Treasure cookies? I feel like those and I could become new BFFFFs.

    I'm not much of a homemade gifter myself, but that's because I really suck at having the patience to hammer something out.

    ReplyDelete