Friday, December 3, 2010

Long Run of Hills and Boosting the Holiday Spirit

Wooah. Today has been an exhausting day, although today was also really a wonderful day.

Last day of classes! Fantastic! Doesn't feel like the last day, but then again finals are next week... Eh. Must start with the studying for them.

Once again it was long run day. Honestly, I was terrified for this run. This week my running was so difficult. Some of the small runs were super hard this week. I was sore like crazy. Lots of things to make me paranoid. However, I knew that if I didn't run today I wasn't going to want to tomorrow.

OH MAN. I have to say that I personally believe a mile up a hill should count as more than a mile on flat ground. My goodness! I ended up mapping out a map down a road that was pretty much all up hill. The wind was extremely killer as well. Can I mention that wind is my least favorite element ever? Seriously, I cannot stand it. Was it a super hard run for me? Yes. Did this sexy beast end up running her 12 miles? HELL yes. I might be super sore and tired, but I feel... accomplished. One more mile until a half marathon. Let's do this!



Will I make the mistake of not learning if the run is hilly or not? Probably yes.Why? Because I've done it before. The probability of it happening again is high.
After my run I ended up filling myself with sugary food. THIS IS BAD. I felt so sick. Once I ate some real food, I felt alright. Cookies? Not so much.

Tonight was the Tree Lighting Ceremony on campus tonight. It's a big town event that not only involves the college students but the town members. I was worried that I was going to miss the festivities because we had One Act rehersal planned for the evening. We ended up canceling it for the evening, so luck was with me to enjoy the festivities. Ah, let's just say that thought it was freezing outside, tonight was simply... happy.


The tree. A lot cooler in person.
 Truth be told, I'd been feeling down the last few days and tonight has just brought my mood through the roof. Walking on campus made my holiday spirit pumped up. That and... we're totally watching White Christmas in my hall right now.

My mom will sing the "Sisters" song all year.
 Oh yes. My Christmas movies are this, those old Rankin/Bass movies, The Santa Clause Parts 1 and 2, and Love Actually.

Cut that, Love Actually is one movie I will watch anytime of the year.

Tomorrow some of the hall mates and I are having breakfast with Santa! Plus it's Civil War tomorrow. YES.

What movies do you watch during the holidays?

1 comment:

  1. Long runs just scare the living daylights out of me. I just get so anxious before hand, but once I start going, I feel completely fine/normal.

    Way to tackle the hills in your training - it sucks, but will help you so much while you're racing.

    ReplyDelete