Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Loot, Running With Bad Fuel, and Old Friends

How was Christmas day for everyone? Or, how was yesterday in general? I had a lovely day, in case you were wondering. I also received many lovely gifts. Some things that I got I didn't even know I wanted, but as soon as I unwrapped them I thought, "Oh my gosh I needed this!" Well... maybe I didn't really need it, but I really liked.
In my family, we actually enjoy receiving clothing so I got quite a few clothing items. I won't show the clothes, but I will show you some of my other gifts.

My grandma gave me Apples to Apples, and I am seriously glad she did. It is one of the funniest games to play ever in my personal opinion.
I asked specifically for the three books on the right. My personal library now has a touch more of Internet-based literature via The Book of Awesome and Stuff White People Like. I am currently trying to see just how white I actually am.
I also asked for that harmonica necklace, and it is a pretty cool necklace. People notice it and it's fun to play with.
The running calendars are really cool. I can't wait for January to start recording in the book! Right now I use my school planner.
The tea set is from my aunt, who I didn't even know was getting me a present! How sweet!
Other gifts not pictured include some head wear (hats), a necklace from my sister and the game Balderdash from my sister. I had never played Balderdash before, but it is hilarious. I suggest you play it.
Yes, I realize I'm pretty spoiled. At least I admit it, right?

Christmas isn't all about gifts of course. We had a lovely day with some of my family and played games until late in the night. No one knew that it was 1 am by the time we were done! Simply put, it was high up there on the good Christmases scale.

I went on a run today, and boy my body let me know it was not pleased. My body hasn't seen a decent amount of fruits and veggies in days. I honestly haven't been eating extremely large quantities, but it's only been pretty much sugar. A chocolate Santa for breakfast on Christmas day? Nuh uh.
During the run, the body bitched me out. Oh, it moved perfectly fine. However, the stomach was screaming. I did manage to get 10 miles in! I'm happy about that.

I visited one of my best friends from high school this evening! It felt kind of weird though. Mainly because she has a boyfriend and acts a bit like she's married now. Not something I'm used to. Well, she's still herself. Funny thing, we got the exact same GPA for our first term/semester at college! We rock.

I hope my rambling wasn't too much for y'all out there! I hope you all enjoyed your lovely holidays!

What's an interesting gift you received this year?

2 comments:

  1. Nice haul! I LOVE "Stuff White People Like"! Pot...hummus...San Francisco...it's such a true little book.

    UGH, right there with you on the lack of nutrition! My stomach HATES me right now, and being a bloated sourpuss in defiance. Haha, actually, a fruit and veggie smoothie sounds heavenly right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahahaha. I got Stuff White People Like for my birthday. It's just hysterical.

    I definitely hit a wall today on my run. I completely agree with the need for more fruits and veggies. Here's to a better week!

    ReplyDelete