Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Freedom Contradiction

Funny that tomorrow is the beginning of the week, yet I have no actual work. This is where the people who do have work tomorrow become irritated eh? Well, you're getting paid so there are perks.

The odd thing about having a break happen at the point right before a break and the point as soon as the break starts. Right before the break, you think about all of the new free time you have, and how many things you'll be able to get done. Then as soon as the break starts, well... it takes a lot more effort to get to that point than you think. This happens to me, and I know it happens to other people.

Why do we do this?  Could be that when we get to that point, it feels like the break will go on forever. Of course, we all know it doesn't, and then we feel thrown back into our regular lives withone doing all of the awesome activities we wanted to do.

Perhaps it can be best described by a line found in the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes:

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."

That quote might not be 100% right, but it's the general idea.

The new week begins, and adventures shall occur tomorrow!
I did visit my friend's new apartment this evening. I'm actually making movement!

How do you start getting things done during a break?

1 comment:

  1. I am the Master of Lists. So when I want to get things done as it were, I tap into my natural need to check things off and start writing!

    ReplyDelete