Thursday, December 23, 2010

Junk Food Fuel and Running Off Days

Huzzah!
No real reason for that, I just heard that phrase and I didn't know how to start the post.

Today I discovered many things about my running. One thing I will never do again? Never take two days off from running ever again. Also, never fuel yourself with pretty much only cookies. It's like filling a car's gas tank with grape Kool-Aid. You're filling it with something, but it's not the same. Augh. I did not realize that I had swallowed a boulder, or what felt like one in my stomach. Owah. I ran 8.75 miles though! Nice.

Whenever I run, I start thinking of my body as a machine. Here's how the thought process works:

Hey, how are you doing legs? Working pretty good, keep moving forward. Stomach, how are you feeling? Ooh, kind of feeling gross. Head? Yeah, snot coming from ya. Nasty.
Sure, the machine can be a bit dysfunctional at times, but it works for me.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve! What! Can't really think much right now, so no more stuff from me.

How does your body react to bad fuel?

No comments:

Post a Comment