Monday, December 6, 2010

Care Packages and Studying Stress

Ugh. Just... Ugh. Well, let's look at something else than ugh, shall we?

Today was my first final! One down, two to go! Truthfully I'd like them all do be done, but there's still much studying to be done! For the last one there is at least.

I received a Finals survival care package from my mom today. She had registered for it with the parent's club before school even started, so she's been talking about it for awhile, wondering why I hadn't gotten it yet. Well, I got it today!

How cute! The note next to it was the personal note that my mom wrote to me. She tends to think I don't eat enough. Honestly, the opposite came into effect today. There were just some fun little treats in there and all that jazz.

Another thing that I receive today was this little card attached to my door.

It's a letter from our RA. She posted them on everyone's doors and wrote little personalized messages in them. How sweet! I was surprised when I read mine though. She said I should really consider becoming an RA!
...Seriously? Wow. Do I seem like the RA type? I didn't think I seemed the leader-y type. Maybe one year I should think about it. Free housing right?

Our fire alarm in the building went off this morning. I now know how LOUD it is. Geezo. I was smart enough not to be wearing cold clothes before leaving the building.

I need it to be winter break, if only for being able to sleep. I ended up waking up at 6 this morning with going to bed around 12, and I don't run well on lack of sleep. I also didn't sleep well this weekend. I may have napped for about an hour this weekend, but it doesn't make up for extra hours loss.
(Also, I've kind of gotten to the breaking point of something  else, and it's beginning to make me pissy. No it's not my time of the month.)

Sorry to be a downer, but I tried to make it a bit light... Right?
The computer will be shut off after this, so some real work can be done for history! Tally ho!

Who usually sends you care packages?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love care packages...especially the treats inside. Half of them are usually predictable and wonderful. The other half are surprising and also wonderful :)

    Good luck with your finals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Care packages rock! Our school has an easy signup for parents to send them, called Spirit Packages.

    Good luck with finals!

    If you want to try a raw dessert, the best place is a raw restaurant. However, Whole Foods also carries them, both packaged and fresh at the prepared foods area.

    If you're ever in New York City, the best raw dessert you will ever taste in your life is at Pure Food & Wine, and goes by the name of "Classic Sundae."

    But really, making them is SO easy if you have a blender/food processor. I highly recommend checking out Ani Phyo's recipes. A great raw dessert blog is Sweetly Raw. Oh, and definitely Pure2Raw!

    ReplyDelete