Thursday, December 16, 2010

Foot Pain, Narnia and The Power Struggle of the Siblings

I feel as if I didn't spend enough time doing nothing today. I actually was... productive. Who does that?

Since Tuesday night, my left arch has started to really hurt. No. No no no. I was able to run today, but there were a few twinges of ouchness. I need to do my long run for this week still, but I don't want to screw up my foot. Maybe I'm over thinking it.

I ended up seeing the newest Chronicles of Narnia movie with my sister and dad this evening. WOW they did not even try to tone down the religion. "Come to Aslan's Land!" "I will always be watching over you, I am just known by a different name in your land." C'mon Narnia.

Being the younger sibling, the older sibling tends to believe that they should receive anything you have before you do. The older sibling out there might be scoffing me right now, but it's so true.

One item that the older sibling must possess if you already have it in your hands is the magazine. At least it's an example in my family.

The first instance of this happening today was this afternoon while I was reading a People. It was sitting clearly in front of me when my sister walks up to me and asks, "Can I read that?" Luckily in this moment, I had a distraction magazine to toss her way.

My other instance happened when I was walking up the stairs. I looked  over and squealed seeing the new issue of EW. (Yeah, I'm that weird.) Now, before this moment, my sister was on the other side of the house. Right after I got excited and picked up the magazine, she appears on that side of the room to say, "I was just going to read that." At that moment she yanks it from my hands. What. What just happened.

The older sibling feels they should get things first since they were there first, don't they? I don't know what another reason would be. Course, I've been trained to be commanded. It's been a long struggle trying to fight it. I don't think I'll ever officially be untrained. That sucks.

Are you the older sibling or younger sibling? How does power work with your siblings?

No comments:

Post a Comment