Friday, December 10, 2010

Winter Break Motivation and Laugh Tracks

The weekend is upon us...  however, it feels like it started yesterday. Anyways.

Today I acheived... nothing. Absolutely nothing. Well, I did go to the Pepsi Christmas display with me sis and dad.
With doing nothing, this included my sister showing me the show How I Met Your Mother. What I've seen of it, I like it pretty well. Plus you know, NPH, Jason Segal, and Alyson Hannigan are pretty awesome people. The thing is, one of the things that makes it feel weird to me is a laugh track.

You see as I mentioned before my favorite shows are Glee, Raising Hope and Community. (Geez, this makes me sound like all I do is watch TV. I swear, I do other things.) Something that all these shows that happen to have in common are that none of them have laugh track. In my personal opinion, this is better. I have two reasons are:
  • I don't feel a forced laugh. When there's a laugh track and I don't laugh, I wonder why I didn't laugh. Did I just not get it? Or sometimes there's a laugh track and I think, "That wasn't really funny. Huh."
  • I can laugh at what I think is funny. When you're watching a show with a group, sometimes one of the most hilarious things is when someone starts laughing like crazy at something that wasn't even that funny, then everyone starts laughing because that one person made it funny.
That's just my thoughts on that subject. Random? Perhaps. Just what I was thinking about.

Whoa. The last two days? I have been pretty much eating like a billy goat. If it is in my pathway, it is consumed. This needs to change. I need to get on track. My body is not used to no fruits and veggies. Plus, I need to get my long run done tomorrow because it was not done today. Reasoning? I didn't drink enough water during the day, and I knew I would keel over if I tried earlier in the day. Tomorrow? No excuses! Goodness. (Also, I made myself an awesome running path. It will be an adventure.)

I hope y'all have a lovely evening!
Do you prefer shows with laugh tracks or not? Or do you prefer shows like dramas?

No comments:

Post a Comment