Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mani/Pedis and Magazines

With my family, there never seems to be concrete plans. This can be frustrating, but sometimes it can lead to some pretty delightful happenings. Today's example:


Yes, my mom got my sister, cousin and I mani/pedis. How fun! It's a bit of an early Christmas present from her, which makes me realize more and more that I've got to get done with the rest of that stuff.

This evening, something made me make a noise sort of like,
"HOA HOA HOA HOA HOA HOA!!"
Now, what could make me make such a ridiculous noise? My favorite magazine Entertainment Weekly arrived.

I might seem a little off for getting so excited for a magazine, but I seriously can't wait for the new issue every week. I scrounge through the mail on Friday, hoping that it will be there. Not really sure why it came today, but as you can see, I was pleased anyways.

As newspapers seem to slowly be disappearing, it seems like magazines will continue to be around. Sure, Kindles are starting to have them, but there's something about just having one in your hands that feels different. Then again, I'm also one of those types who would rather have a real book than a screen that you tap to see the next page.

I could ramble on and on about how magazines are awesome and wonderful, but I'm not really in the mood to write. I just want to get to my EW!

What are your favorite magazines?

1 comment:

  1. Soulmate! I just love mani/pedi time...it's so relaxing and luxurious, right?

    For my birthday, I asked for subscriptions - I'm getting ELLE, Vanity Fair, Vogue, W, Bon Appetit and Mpls/St. Paul. It forces me to take time for myself.

    ReplyDelete