Thursday, November 11, 2010

Libraries and Going the Distance (Or Not)

I am quite excited that tomorrow is Friday! Yet there is still much to do this evening.

Yesterday I saw a poster for another play tryout! Do I want to do it? Yes, of course! Then today one of my hall mates texted me and mentioned that she wanted to try out for it. How exciting!
Hello Third Floor Library, have we met?
This brought me to going to the library to look up books for monologues. I have been to the library as mentioned before, but I had yet to check out any books.

If you got a chance to look at my first post, you'd see that I have a habit of taking facts from books a lot, or quoting said information. Where do you find books other than the library? This takes us back to this summer, where I would visit the local library multiple times and check out as many books as I could carry. Were these novels? Ha, if only. No, these were books on information like how to succeed in college, finding out the secrects to being financially savvy. Pretty much how to books and factorial books. Weirdly enough I love this type of stuff.

Fast forward today. I look up some monologue books and go find them. One would be enough, yes? I grab three. It seems like I would be good for the day, but what's this? Something has caught my eye! Some books about writing are on the shelf. I skim it, but find nothing of interest. Wait! What's that on the next shelf? Books about food? I am interested about finding out proper nutrition more... I wonder if they have- Fast Food Nation! People always tell me to read this! And let's look at those nutrition books...

This led to me getting  this pile of books:
There's another one in my backpack as well. The question is, when am I going to be able to read these? I have until December 2.

This morning I was planning to run 5 miles, as my training schedule I made said. However, it did not happen. I was having serious issues this morning. It wasn't that my legs were tired, I just couldn't breathe! I don't know what was going on. I ended up running 4. I don't feel very guilty though since
  1. I ran an extra mile earlier this week to test out my new shoes.
  2. I did Aerobics tonight, which was fun! I was surprised that it didn't totally kill me. I think I'm gaining some endurance!
Truthfully, I think I put more mileage on my training schedule than the one I took the main idea from. I'm doing fine as far as I'm concerned.

The aerobics thing was part of a campus activity... that ended up ending at 9:40. Add me taking a shower, and you've got the reason for the post so late in the evening. Time to go dry my hair!

How do you feel about libraries? What books do you usually go for?

No comments:

Post a Comment