Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to Run Like Hannah

Did you ever want to know how I run my long run days? No? Well, you're going to find out anyways, hooray!
First of all, you've got to get all of your things together for the run. Other than your running outfit, you'll be taking along your keys, cell phone and id. If you're really intense, you'll bring along a clif bar that you won't end up eating. Here's how the run will work:
  1. Start off as soon as you get outside. Who actually stretches for a decent amount of time?
  2. Feel nauseous about 1 to 2 miles into the run and whine to yourself because you ate too close to the time you are running. This will last about a mile.
  3. Mutter "Don't hit me!" to the many cars passing by on the roads. If you're running like me, somewhere on your run the trail will be near a busy road. This is due to the fact there are not really any good trails to run.
  4. Look for street signs saying your next destination, and have your hopes crushed when it's not the right road. When actually arriving at said street, think, "Oh. That wasn't so far."
  5. Brainstorm ideas for the blog. You won't remember anything you brainstorm, but it's a good idea at the time.
  6. Have extremely random music play in your head. It could be something like a song from a movie you haven't seen in ages. For me lately it's been any of the songs from Sita Sings the Blues. (Which is a fantastic movie and I suggest everyone watches it.)
  7. Go into a strange blissful mood where all you think is, "You know what? I feel like I could keep running forever."
  8. Have a dog bark at you. This, if you follow this trend, will happen more and more.
  9. Are you in the last few miles of the run? That means it's time for the inner schtziophrenia to come out! One voice will be the kind encouraging voice, the other will be the drill sergent voice This is what it might sound like: Hannah-"This is getting tough." Voice 1-"C'mon, you can do it!" Voice 2- "Yeah, are you gonna bitch out? You better not loser!" Voice 1- "That's not very nice." Hannah- "No, she's right. Gotta push through." Voice 2- "Yeah! Let's do this Mofo!"
  10. Reaching the end of the run, receive a wonderful feeling of accomplishment. So what if some people can run marathons. I just ran 10 miles. That's amazing.
That's how it goes! Yeah, so I did run a 10 miler today. The run was a loop that I mapped out, and it was actually really fun! There were many moments where there were cars yes, but I couldn't help it. Here's the tally for the run:
  • 2 dead birds on the side of the road
  • 6 dogs barking at me
  • Lots of cows and horses
  • A bajillion birds
  • A driveway with three strangely similar black cars
There were some strange sights, and some cool views. Lovely.

I went to dinner with my sister and dad for my dad's birthday tonight. I had an extremely delicious chili burger!
Not ready to work on things due for Monday. Ugh. Sunday will be a work day for sure.

How do your runs go?

No comments:

Post a Comment