Friday, November 5, 2010

7 Miles and The Evil Train

Say it with me:

7 MILES!!! I can't believe it! And ooh boy, this run was a toughie.

The reason for being one of my harder runs, other than the length? I was feeling icky through a lot of it and...
This mofo. Freakin' screwed up my trail! You see, my path is a little father than the next town over and back. Crossing this path is a train track. When it was time for me to go back, this lovely fellow was crossing. It was one of the slowest, longest trains I had ever seen. I ended up running around Independence in a lot of loops like a crazy person. It did distract me though which is good I suppose.

As you can see, this is what my runkeeper says I ran I always run a little bit farther than my planned amount because I don't trust the GPS enough. Pretty sweet, eh?

Since I ran and had weight training today, the hunger beast has truly emerged. To please it, I have been chowing down on plenty of carbs. One of the things I decided to try again this morning was oatmeal. This time I got a smaller bowl, that way there was more peanut butter to make it taste good. Oh, and chocolate chips.

And you know what? It wasn't too bad! ... At first. Then when coming to the end where the peanut butter was gone, the taste was icky again. Eh.

I've got to go drive down to Portland now for the concert my sister bought me a ticket for! See you all later!

What's the farthest you've run? How did you feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment