Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Seeing the Changes All Around

Everywhere I go, things are becoming even more empty than usual. For example:

My room mate is gone. No, she didn't take the mattress, but it is making a nice mat for the ground in case I'm too lazy to actually jump onto my bed to lounge. I forgot how echo-y the room would be without being filled with school supplies and things from home.

Apart from studying most of the day, I went off to enjoy lunch with a few friends and acquaintances. One member of the gang was going to leave right after the lunch, and since she's transferring as well she's pretty much gone for good.

The fact that everything is coming to an end is finally starting to hit me. People are packing up, more and more people to say goodbye to everyday... Crazy.

With this, I feel like the starting gun for the race went off ten minutes ago and I'm still lacing up my shoes. Sure, I have a lot of things packed. I'll be done with finals soon. Still, I'm getting the feeling that I'm being left behind in the dust.

College hasn't felt like college. College has felt like I've been at camp. Is that how it's supposed to feel? Maybe I'll feel different next year. No RAs going through the halls for checks, no "camp" based activities... Who knows?

I've got to get to bed. Eight A.M. final tomorrow... Woo!

When do you finally start to feel the affects of a change?

1 comment:

  1. When I'm going through a big change, I usually need a bit of alone time. When a roommate is moving out though, it's DEFINITELY disconcerting!

    ReplyDelete