Monday, June 27, 2011

Making Errors and Making Bread

I'll be honest with you. I'm feeling not so great today, especially since I failed at a task that a trained monkey could accomplish. And you know how I feel about feeling like an idiot.

I did make bread today though, and that was pretty cool.

I wanted to see if I should make bread to have with peanut butter or eggs instead of English muffins in the morning. I shall test it out tomorrow!

I did try a little bite though. Pretty good! I got the recipe from a cookbook for teens... because I'm just that advanced.

I'll be honest with y'all out there. I don't know much about cooking. When I was in high school I always wanted to get into Foods class so that I could learn how to at least make something. Geez, I barely know how to boil water. I can bake alright, but cooking? I dunno.
Next school year though, I need to be able to cook. I don't want to eat out constantly, and Ramen isn't fulfilling. Therefore this summer I'm going to practice. I've been studying cheap food, scouring for things that sound healthy. This bread is one of the things.
I don't want to go to school tomorrow. Or do anything that requires work. I want to read, draw, try to make up a song on the piano and create imaginary vacations in my mind. I don't feel like getting the chance to screw up on something in the work setting again.

Hey, the bread turned out, so I'm not that incompetent I guess.
Hope everyone has a lovely evening!

Do you cook? How did you get into cooking?

No comments:

Post a Comment